Paella is the star dish at many family gatherings or with friends. What better way to enjoy paella at home, on the beach or on the go than paella?
Here we will show you that if you have ordered a paella at home and you want to make sure that it stays fresh and delicious until it is time to serve it, this post will help you see some useful tips on how to preserve it properly:
- Keep it hot: Paella should be served hot, so it is important to keep it at a suitable temperature until serving time. One way to do this is to place it in a thermal container or cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the oven at a low temperature (about 100°C) until it is time to serve it.
- Avoid condensation: When the paella is hot, it is normal for it to give off steam, which can generate condensation on the lid or container where you are storing it. To avoid this, it is important to leave the lid slightly open to allow air to circulate.
- Do not keep it in the fridge for a long time: Paella does not keep well in the fridge for a long time, since humidity can affect its texture and flavor. If you plan to store it for more than a day, it’s best to freeze it.
- Use suitable containers: Use containers that are clean and dry, and that are large enough so that the paella is not crowded. In this way, you will prevent the rice grains from breaking and losing their texture.
- Do not mix the ingredients: If you have leftover paella, it is important that you do not mix the ingredients before storing it, as this can affect its flavor and texture.
- Heat only the portion you need: If you have to reheat the paella, it is better to heat only the portion you need to prevent it from drying out or losing flavor.
By following these tips, you will be able to keep your paella at home fresh and delicious until it is time to enjoy it. Take advantage!